Friday, May 24, 2024

May 24th. Sandy with Flashes of Light

 Well today started out strong. Strong winds that is. And they get even stronger when it blows between the tall buildings of Haeundae. Much like NYC. And it has blown all day. But that did not stop us from going to our favorite cafe that has the best strawberry ice cream in the world. 



Then a stroll out the pier to get some sun, but we could not get away from the wind. 

This beautiful statue (the one below) is a mermaid who left her kingdom to marry a mortal and wishes she was back home. At the other end of Haeundae it turns into a man with an old spyglass. 


But the sun was nice so we (Mary Ann and I) decided to go see the sand sculptures. A bit of a hike down the beach for us. But as you can see well worth it. 












Adding the finishing touches 






I hope to go back to see them lit up at night. 

And I did go back so these are sort of out of order since we ate the tapas and went home before these shots.









EDITORIAL: there was a noise from somewhere that my blog was getting too short. Today will help fix that I hope. 

Of course after a long walk viewing sand sculpture only one thing comes next. Beer and food. How about beer and Spanish Tappas. OK. 





And then back to the house and sleep for Mary Ann and for me a shower and blog time. Blog time started on the roof but the wind made me retreat into the kitchen where it was warm. 

The steps to the rooftop. 

Yesterday, I saw men repelling down the side of that 100 story building. 




Hate to end the blog on a downer but I guess I have to. 
Well maybe I don’t have to. 


And I almost forgot. There was a red moon tonight. No special photography. The white lights are freighters headed to Busan. 

.  

Goodnight. 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful red moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful gift to South Korea. Wonderful memories for you all. We remember how gracious and kind the people of Korea are. Enjoy. Phil & Susan Giehl

    ReplyDelete

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...