Thursday, May 9, 2024

May 9th. Baggage, Buddha & Burgers

 Woke very early because Meghan and I were riding on a train to see swords being made. Well actually we were both so tired of traveling on trains, we both canceled. She ate breakfast later while I slept. 

Did I say tired of trains? Woke up and decided to get our luggage that was in storage in Kyoto. So Meghan and I boarded a train Kyoto. Get off and since we will need small bills to pay for the extra time, I have Meghan buy us 4 Tasty Cream Donuts. To be eaten when the lockers are found. It took some time since Kyoto is one of those confusing stations. 



We retrieved them and were on our way back to Nara hoping to get to the largest buddha and wooden structure in the world. 

On the train back, I had to be on the lookout for Godzilla. 


We made it back, put the luggage in lockers till tomorrow and got a taxi to Buddha. 

The Buddah closes at 5.30 pm and it is 5:15 pm. I send Meghan running on ahead so at least she can see it. I did some 50 years ago. I do make the ticket office in time but no Meghan. Get ticket hoping Meghan went on ahead. 



Meghan calls me as I get to the building. Here is Meghan at a smaller Statue

Meghan and the Great Buddha. 

Nice thing about being last. The closing of the doors. 





So we walk towards town, get a taxi to the train station and walk to find something to eat. 

Guess what we found?  


And that is Baggage, Buddha, and Buggers. 


Goodnight 





No comments:

Post a Comment

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...