Wednesday, June 12, 2024

June 12th Slow Days and Fast ?



 It seems strange that after one or two nights in a place, we are not packing to go somewhere else. But we are not. Woke up late. Too late for many coffee shops having breakfast as they were sold out of the good stuff. But we still found something to eat since Korea is the land of coffee shops. 

And they were having a big send off for Patricia and Jonah on their last full day here. 



Well actually it was a union organizing demonstration. Jonah figured that out. 

A little rest and time to walk to Insadong or as the old timers called it Mary’s Alley. No one clearly knows who Mary was nor is it an alley anymore. But between our hotel and Insadong, we saw Jhogaysa Temple and showed it to Patricia and Jonah. What a nice peaceful place in the middle of Seoul. 


There are few bargains to be had in Insadong these days But I did get another rock to take back that I had seen yesterday. And some more gifts for people back home. I even have my eye on a scroll or two, but don’t tell Mary Ann. 

After securing the rock, we sat in a coffee shop, don’t ask me which one, and talked of scrolls and family and travels. 

Next off to a spot my friend Jon Dunbar showed me but Jon and I could not get a place because we got there too late. I made sure the four of us got there early enough to enjoy the Korean BBQ as well as the ambiance that comes with the place. Open air and charcoal BBQ. Keep the meat and beer coming. As well as the garlic and kimchee. We had a good time. 


Find them in the crowd. 

Happy couple. 

Sorry to see them leave tomorrow as they have been great traveling companions and put up with me way long than most people would. Bon Voyage and hope to see you soon. 

Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...