Wednesday, June 5, 2024

June 5th. Moche

 As I sit here in a nice place (finally) eating my moche while others nap, I ponder on all that has happened in the last 2 months. But not for long because I have a daily blog to write. 

Today we started out as a group of 4 headed to the Saihoji temple and the moss garden there. My second time and their first. For those who had not read the Blog in early May, you can only enter this temple by application before hand. Once in, you copy Buddhist sutras to get your mind in the right place. Once done copying you can either keep your work or offer it as a prayer. Then into the most wonderful moss garden in the world. Just ask UNESCO. Here are the photos I took the second time around. 








Then a bus to the station below and one stop we are back in Arashiyama. It is too early to see Dr Yamano and reclaim what was left there when we stayed there. So we went to the town to eat at our favorite Kobe beef restaurant there. It did not disappoint  


And now we split up for we are retrieving lost items and Patricia and Jonah are getting new ones and maybe seeing monkeys.  We succeed and it remains to be seen if they do.


For we are off to Daitokuji temple to see the bonsai exhibit they have there. I will only show a few, but remember that a couple of these are older the the USA or for that matter the discovery of America though I know to native Americans it was never lost. 







We ended up going to eat at 2 places that were closed and a Jazz Bar that didn’t have good food. I did see a nice temple before we went home and went to bed. 




I did finish the lovely moche I had bought the other day, but I know a place on Miyajima that makes the best moche and you get to watch them make it. 

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...