Thursday, June 13, 2024

June 13th Drawn Swords

 Today started with Mary Ann and I going for breakfast in the Koreana Hotel for the first time since we arrived. French toast for her and eggs Benedict for me. French toast was OK, but the eggs benedict came cold with no hollandaise sauce. I told them this and they said they served their eggs cold. Back to the kitchen and they still came back cold. So much for breakfast. 

So I headed out by myself to look at a scroll I had seen yesterday. Mary Ann should never let me out looking for scrolls by my self. I did get the bamboo one I was looking for, also 8 or 10 others I liked at bargain basement prices. They are nice, but need to be mounted. We shall see. 

The rest if the day was hanging out with Jonah and Patricia talking and talking and talking. Around 3:30 Miss Lee from the National Library came by to give me the rock I had bought here in Korea. She was babysitting it while we were in Japan. We hope to see her soon if she can visit the USA. That would be fun. And while we were chating and drinking coffee downstairs, Patricia and Jonah came to say goodbye since they were leaving tonight but wanted to go early to pick up his sword that was being held by Korean customs. 

We say goodbye to Ms Lee a bit later and head out to get another suitcase for all the stuff we have bought. Yes we did it again. And then we settle on. Chinese food for dinner. And the hotel has one so we go there. Mistake. But you only know after you eat and seldom before. At least Jonah and his sword are reunited. 

Well not really. He does everything he was told to do but not warned that if he leaves from a different terminal he has to call 24 hours ahead. So he left without his sword and I am trying to see what I can do to at least take it with me. This sword has had a bigger adventure than the one carried by General Lee at Gettysburg. I am meeting with a friend tomorrow to see what can be done. 

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...