Friday, April 12, 2024

April 12th Train to Busan again

 What can one say about the same train ride? Not much. Did it alone this time because Mary Ann may have a little more sense than me and didn't want another ride down one day and return the next. 

But this time is to meet a Facebook friend Dale Carrington, who is living the dream I tried to do when I was in Korea. Visit every temple in Korea. He actually has a web site where we recounts his visits to them with a lot more knowledge of them than I ever had.

   https://koreantempleguide.com/ 

Well Copy and paste and you will get there. Tomorrow we are meeting early in the morning to go to TongDoSa before the crowds and before I have to catch a train back to Seoul at 4:30 PM.  About the train. His one took  different route after Degou or how ever you spell it these days. Would have been nice to watch as the train went along the river but the people where I could have looked out had the shade down to the sun wouldn't bother them while they stared at their phones. I think tomorrow I rule the window shade so we shall see. Or maybe not see.

So today ended with the almost hour subway ride out to Yandsan. Mary Ann needs a suitcase because the wheels are coming off of hers. What do I see in Busan Train Station?

One of many.

And then I get to my after Hotel after one driver drives around the corner and says No More. I get out without having to pay. The next taxi driver does fine. But I get there at 3:30 and check in is at 5:00 PM. So what's a weary traveler to do?


Well It's a start.

Their specialty. Fried Chicken.

It didn't stand a chance.

So now I am in my room updating you all and hoping that my friend Steve, who is having Achelles tendon surgery today, recovers quickly and that the surgery goes fine.

So that is all for today. Tomorrow's will be full of temple photos I hope.








No comments:

Post a Comment

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...