Wednesday, April 17, 2024

April 17th Three weeks but who is counting?

 Yes we have been here three weeks. Monday is the reason for coming. The Donation Ceremony. Can't believe all we have done so far and what we have yet to do. But let.s just get through today. 

Woke up late, ate breakfast(me) and decided to see the temple in Soraksan National Park. Mostly flat walk because of my back. I have also discovered that adding photos from my phone is much easier. So I type on my tablet, publish, then add photos. 










First thing to see is a statue of a bear that roams the park. Actually more of them in the DMZ but that is another story. 


I have named him Sorak the Bear.

Then the entrance gate to the temple grounds which are quite expansive.  Then there is a large Buddha. Truly impressive .




A little further on is a bridge and a cafe where we can reat. Did I mention we are in the mountains?









The next bridge with a Lion and Mary Ann is a Leo.






And then the temple SinHeungSa. I liked it because no one else was really there. 




On the way our was a nice water feature. You judge for yourself.



Yesterday we had ice cream at the top of the 🚠 so we went one more time. Nice and less crowded. However I had forgot that I was getting a call from our interpreter at 3:00 PM today and I am on top of a mountain. No problem. There is free WiFi on top of the mountain provided by the Korean Government. We had a nice talk in preparation for Monday's ceremony. 





Down the mountain via cable car, home and nap time. Back to the place we ate last night for Bulgogee. But this was a BulGoGee soup. Good thing I wasn't hungry. But the broth it made was delicious.

Tomorrow we go back to Seoul where we will stay until we leave for Japan on the 29th and see some more grandchildren.  At least I think we will start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...