Saturday, April 20, 2024

April 20th. A Rainy Saturday in Seoul

 What can one do on a rainy Saturday in Seoul but sleep till 11:00 am. Don’t forget that this is our down time before the donation ceremony and when more grandchildren come to visit. No more sleepy days. 

But we need some wrapping paper so we head to Seoul train station via the metro after breakfast at Starbucks across the street. 

We end up in Lotte department store looking for paper and find the skechers shoe department and get Mary Ann the replacement shoes she needs. 

We arrive at 5 Guys which is the biggest department store we know. The first thing we buy is a replacement suitcase for Mary Ann. One of her wheels came off. Her suitcase not her. Now we find the paper we need and search for a place for a drink and a seat I can sit on. When I sit I am fine but walking even short distances is difficult. It won’t get better till I get my back disc operation this summer but I will make it. 

This is how you pay and order in many places in Korea.  And don’t do like Mary Ann did here and leave your card in the order kiosk  she realized it soon enough.  Have yet to find good fried dumplings  probably need to good to local market  


And of course an adventure has to end up with a beer. 


We get to near where we are staying after taking the metro the wrong way. Yes I will be your guide still. I have done that in NYC too. If you haven’t you are not a New Yorker. 

But anyway we stop for a bite to w and try to get anything we want. 


Not sure about anything but it was good. And some came home with us. 



And before I sign off (because we are staying in tonight) I am including 2 photos from Soraksan 50 years ago. One of my blog readers wondered if it was less crowded back then. You be the judge. 



Good night. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your back is being difficult- I suspect the shot you had prior to leaving the states has worn off

    ReplyDelete

June 28th. Home 12 days

 Well we have been back home for 12 days now.  So go to be home and sleep in our own bed with only Drs appointments to keep track of the day...